- What is Electric Zoo?
- Will there be First Aid on site at the festival?
- Will I be searched upon entering?
- What if it rains?
- Can I buy tickets at the event?
- I bought a Sunday (or 3-Day, or Fri/Sun Combo Pak) wristband for Electric Zoo 2013. How do I get a refund?
Electric Zoo Codes of Conduct
- What are some safe practices I can use at Electric Zoo?
- What items am I NOT allowed to bring with me?
- Ok, so now I know what I can't bring/do. What CAN I do?
- What can/should I bring with me?
- Can I pass out flyers for my event or business at the festival?
What is Electric Zoo?
Electric Zoo is New York City's premiere electronic music festival. Founded in 2009, Electric Zoo brings a wide variety of the top acts from around the world and across the spectrum of electronic music's various sub-genres. With over 150,000 fans coming together from around the globe to the world's favorite city, Electric Zoo is a chance to celebrate and connect.
"Electric Zoo might not be the country's largest, splashiest, or most hyped electronic dance music festival. But we're going to go on record and say that it's the best." - BillboardBack to top
Will there be First Aid on site at the festival?
There will be medical aid stations marked with a red cross in the four corners of the park to insure you're never too far away from help. Check out the map in the center of the booklet that you'll receive when you get to the festival to familiarize yourself with the location of the medical aid stations which are staffed with emergency medical professionals, and have plenty of water if you need it.Back to top
Will I be searched upon entering?
Yes, everyone is subject to search upon entry.Back to top
What if it rains?
Electric Zoo is a rain or shine event, subject to safety requirements.Back to top
Can I buy tickets at the event?
If the festival does not sell out in advance, then yes, the box office at the festival grounds will open at 10am each day.Back to top
I bought a Sunday (or 3-Day, or Fri/Sun Combo Pak) wristband for Electric Zoo 2013. How do I get a refund?
All refunds for Sunday passes to Electric Zoo 2013 have been issued. When possible, refunds were issued to the credit card originally used for purchase. All other refunds have been issued via check made out to the name on the order and mailed to the billing address on the order via US mail. If you have moved, make sure your address is updated with USPS or your local post office to ensure the check is forwarded to you.
If you haven't received your refund, or you need to report a problem such as a lost or damaged check, please gather the following information:
- Order Number
- Full name of original purchaser (cardholder for credit card used)
- Billing address provided for original purchase
- Current mailing address
- Current phone number
Including as much of that information as possible will help us locate your original order info quickly. Put it all in the Message field of this contact form and click the Send Email button. Front Gate Tickets customer support will follow up with you.Back to top
Electric Zoo Codes of Conduct
What are some safe practices I can use at Electric Zoo?
Please take good care of yourself and help watch out for the people around you. If you see someone slip, trip, or overheat, someone who needs medical attention, rehydration, or just a helping hand, please keep the positive vibe alive, and be a friend to a friend in need. Remember that it's very important to stay hydrated, so take advantage of the free high-speed water refill stations around the festival grounds. Be aware of how much you're exerting yourself and take breaks from dancing. When you sweat, your body is losing water and you need to replace it to make sure you don't overheat.
For more important safety tips, please read our blog post hereBack to top
What items am I not allowed to bring with me?
The following items are prohibited:
ALL BAGS MUST BE NO LARGER THAN 12"W x 12"H x 16"L
- Weapons of any kind
- Outside food & beverages
- Professional cameras & recording devices (no SLR/DSLR or cameras with detachable lenses)
- Illegal substances
- Squirt guns, misters, spray bottles, etc
- Laser pens and similar focused-light devices
- Bad attitudes
- Cans, canteens, flasks (empty camelbaks and water bottles will be allowed)
- Bicycles, scooters, personal motorized vehicles
- Musical instruments
- Sleeping bags (no overnight camping or sleepovers)
- Any container of liquid
- Totem poles or flag sticks
- Walkie Talkies
- Fake IDs - they will be confiscated and your wristband will be cut without refund.
If you have prescription medication that you must bring with you, you must bring a copy of your prescription to be evaluated by the medical staff.Back to top
Ok, so now I know what I can't bring/do. What CAN I do?
We're so glad you asked!
- Sit in the open or shady grassy space and relax on a small blanket or beach towel
- Lounge, decompress and eat in our shade tents
- Select some delectable nibbles from a wide variety of options, including crowd-pleasers like burgers, hot dogs, and pizza, as well as many other local and vegetarian/vegan choices. These include some of our favorite New York City street vendors.
- Save the world, should the opportunity arise to do so
- Gaze at the New York City Skyline while getting down to some very, very dope beats
- Get his number
- Browse our vendor village
- Meet some amazing new people
- Count disco balls
- Devour some icy treats
- Shake it, but don’t break it, because it took your mother nine months to make it
- Lay on your back in the grass and gaze at the clouds
- Pretend you're a zebra
- Get her number
- Feel your jaw drop when you see that famous Zoo visual production
- Score some free shwag from our sponsors
- Wear a very silly hat
- Meet some of the DJ's as they cruise around and take in the festival
- Feel Faaaaaaaabulous
- Jam out to more than 125 of the world's best electronic music artists
- Purchase some essentials from the General Store (gum, sun block, visors etc.)
- Get his and her number
- Choose from a selection of traditional and craft beers
- Enjoy a refreshing wine spritzer, or glass of wine
- Celebrate with a glass of bubbly
- Or go all the way and live it up in the lounge with a VIP Experience or Platinum Experience
What can/should I bring with me?
Back to top
- Large and Lovely sun glasses
- Sun block (seriously!!!)
- Rain poncho
- A small blanket or towel
- All of your favorite people
- DANCING SHOES! (we discourage flip flops for comfort/safety
- Your ID. (Please note that photocopies will NOT be accepted
as valid ID.)
- A small backpack or utility bag
- Chapstick (must be new and sealed)
- A positive attitude
Can I pass out flyers for my event or business at the festival?
No.Back to top
I have a question that's not answered here - what should I do?
If you are a member of the press/media, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
To inquire about sponsorship opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email any additional questions to email@example.comBack to top